Subscribe with Bloglines My Own Hobbit Hole: Introduction

Saturday, September 18, 2004

Introduction

This is the first time I have tried writing a blog.....let's see how it works....

I am a 4th grade teacher. I am also a mom of 5: fraternal triplet girls who are 8, a 3 year old daughter, and a 1 year old son. I have been married for 13 years. I am also a perpetual student, first as an artist, then as a teacher, and now I am considering educational technology. Who knows beyond that.

I taught my first three years at a low income, "focus" school. Then I moved to a middle class school and taught 2nd grade. For this year I requested to move to upper grades.

I have also brought my triplets to the school where I teach. This has been a big adjustment! They are in third grade. Two main things have been difficult: (1) getting them up in the morning, and (2) not being able to focus on getting ready for the day in the morning. Last year my husband was responsible for taking all 5 children to where they needed to go in the morning (school and the little ones to my mother's). I am an early-riser, but most of my children take after my late-riser husband. My school is an early start school. Their old school was a late start school. Only one of them is easy to wake up. Another one is nearly impossible. The third one puts on her clothes the night before and sleeps in them to save time in the morning!

Thank goodness my husband takes the other two younger ones to where they have to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home